How To Pack The Perfect Cooler
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more information.
With Labor Day being right around the corner I thought what better then to share my secrets on how I pack the perfect cooler! This is great to know if your planning on heading out on a road trip (which you can see 10 ways I save on a Road Trip here), going to the lake or even heading to a BBQ. I have this list broken down by steps which turns into layers. I have purchased my Igloo cooler through Amazon and it was been the BEST COOLER!
- Start with a cool cooler if possible- Depending on the size of the cooler, I bring mine inside to cool it off but if you have a smaller cooler putting it in the fridge might be a good idea.
- Frozen solid on the bottom- This is the frozen ice block I recommend or frozen water bottles work great too!
- Heavy items- Such as, water, soda or beer. These are things that can get really cold.
- Lighter items- These are things like lunch meat, fruit, vegetables, etc
- More ice- This is when I take a zipper type bag full of ice with all the air out (cold air sinks). In my photo above I have placed a medium size bag of ice but feel free to use a gallon size bag if you need things to stay cooler.
- Fragile items- Such as, bread or sandwiches
This layering process will keep food cold and dry. I also like to pack some paper towels, plastic bag (such as a grocery bag) for garbage, a small sharp knife, and some plastic silverware. I hope this helps you for your cooler needs! I would love to hear if you have any cooler tricks, feel free to ad your comments below!