This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information. I have spent a good portion of my life being frugal and a HUGE portion of that was spent at the grocery store trying to cut back where I can. These […]
Tag: simple living
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more information.
With Labor Day being right around the corner I thought what better then to share my secrets on how I pack the perfect cooler! This is great to know if your planning on heading out on a road trip (which you can see 10 ways I save on a Road Trip here), going to the lake or even heading to a BBQ. I have this list broken down by steps which turns into layers. I have purchased my Igloo cooler through Amazon and it was been the BEST COOLER!
- Start with a cool cooler if possible- Depending on the size of the cooler, I bring mine inside to cool it off but if you have a smaller cooler putting it in the fridge might be a good idea.
- Frozen solid on the bottom- This is the frozen ice block I recommend or frozen water bottles work great too!
- Heavy items- Such as, water, soda or beer. These are things that can get really cold.
- Lighter items- These are things like lunch meat, fruit, vegetables, etc
- More ice- This is when I take a zipper type bag full of ice with all the air out (cold air sinks). In my photo above I have placed a medium size bag of ice but feel free to use a gallon size bag if you need things to stay cooler.
- Fragile items- Such as, bread or sandwiches
This layering process will keep food cold and dry. I also like to pack some paper towels, plastic bag (such as a grocery bag) for garbage, a small sharp knife, and some plastic silverware. I hope this helps you for your cooler needs! I would love to hear if you have any cooler tricks, feel free to ad your comments below!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more information. Today I want to talk about how to apply what you know about minimalism from my last article, which you can find here and start living this out today. Now most of […]